Email Headers are the fields in an email which contain detailed info of the email sent by the person including the server info, content type and all other technical information of the email. Email Headers are useful if you want to detect the legitimacy of the email sent to you. Checking email headers will help you to detect fake emails. Now, to check headers in both Gmail and Yahoo Mail, here the steps mentioned for each of these email services specifically:
View Email Headers in Gmail
- In Gmail, open any email from your Inbox for which you want to check the header.
- Now, click on the â€œMoreâ€ dropdown menu with a down arrow.
- Click on â€œShow Originalâ€.
- A new window will open with the original email with complete email header information.
View Email Headers in Yahoo Mail
- Open your Inbox.
- Check your desired email for which you want to see the email headers.
- Now click on â€œSettingsâ€ dropdown menu (a black icon with a gear logo).
- Click on â€œView full headersâ€.
- This will open a pop-up with containing the complete email header information.
Similarly, you can try checking email headers for other services like MSN, AOL etc. If you are facing any problems or have any queries regarding this, please post it in the comments section so that we can assist you.