Microsoft Excel provides an option to lock or protect your Excel spreadsheets from unauthorized editing or reading. There are times when you set a password to your own excel spreadsheet but forget it later on. MS Excel uses an encrypted protection so it isn’t very easy to crack the password of the excel spreadsheet. There are many excel password recovery softwaresÂ and excel password remover online softwares available but they don’t guaranteeÂ you the password. Some of them can take ages to crack the password of your excel spreadsheets. However, we have a small and easy tutorial on how to unlock an excel spreadsheet without the password:
- Make a backup of your excel spreadsheet to avoid any data loss.
- Go to Google Docs and login using your Google ID.
- On the right-top, click on “Open file Picker” icon.
- Now, click on the “Upload” tab in the dialogue box and then upload your protected MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Once your excel spreadsheet is uploaded, it’ll open in the Google Docs itself.
- Now, go to “File” menu and then go to “Download As” and select “Microsoft Excel” (.xslx).
- The excel file will become unprotected and will be downloaded to your computer.
- You can now open the file in MS Excel on your computer and edit the file as it will no longer prompt you for the password again.
This method words for most of the protected MS Excel spreadsheets. In case this isn’t working, please let us know in the comments section so that we can help you further. For any microsoft office related error codes, you contact microsoft chat support for any technical support.