A decade ago, the only way to type to hindi on your PC was through the Keyboard. You either have to buy the Hindi letter stickers or you need to convert it using a different font. However, now, it has become pretty easy to type in Hindi on Facebook, WhatsApp or even in MS Word.
All you need to do is Install a simple application developed by Google. To enable easy hindi typing on your PC, follow the steps below:
TYPING IN HINDI WITHOUT HINDI KEYBOARD
- Go to Google Input Tools (AKA GoogleInputHindi) and download your desired version. In the case of PC, download the Windows version of Google Input Tools.
- Once you’re done with the Installation. You’ll be able to see a toolbar in your taskbar with a letter “EN”.
- Click on the “Down” arrow after the “EN” button and then go to “Settings”.
- Now, a dialogue box will open. Click on “Add” button.
- Now, add your desired language from the another dialogue box. In case of Hindi typing, add the Hindi language. Now click apply and then click OK button.
- Now, since you’re done with adding your new Language, you can simply select it from the taskbar.
- Click on the “EN” button from the taskbar and then select “Hindi”.
- Once you’ve selected Hindi, you can start typing in Hindi.
- To type in hindi, simply type the hindiÂ words in English language and it’ll automatically be converted in hindi. For ex, to type “Hello Dost” in hindi, type “Hello Dost” (while Hindi is selected from the Language toolbar) and you’ll notice that it’ll automatically be converted to “हैलो दोस्त”. Please note that the Hindi language toolbar works on the pronunciation of Hindi words.
- Hence, you need to make sure that whatever you are typing in England language should match with the pronunciation in the Hindi language.
- If you are facing any problems, kindly let us know.