It doesn’t matter how great Windows 10 looks, it is still surrounded with lots of bugs. While most of the people still prefer to use Windows 8.1 as it is 100 times more stable than Windows 10, if you have upgraded your OS to Windows 10 and facing Â issues in updating your windows then you’re not the only one. While Microsoft is working hard and trying to fix most of the bugs in their Windows 10 updates but what if you’re not even able to run Windows Update to update your Windows 10?
Although it might be difficult to address different Â Update errors but there is a small utility by Microsoft which can do wonders for you if you are facing issues with your Â Update.
- Download this Windows Update Diagnostic utility from Microsoft. (Works for Windows 7 and above).
- Run the Utility. Click on “Automatically apply the fix” or the Recommended option.
- It will take some time to scan your system for errors and corrupted Windows Update files and registry values.
- Once the utility has completed the scan, it will automatically fix all the Windows Update issues.
- In case the utility is unable to fix the problem, it will display you the error code and specific details about the Â error.
- You can try searching google for the solution once you’ve got the specific error code. However, the above utility fixes most common Windows update problems.
- You can also try resetting Windows Update components manually.
- It is recommended to run the Scan disk utility also as it can fix most of the issues.
- Make sure your Firewall is not blocking anything.
- Always check your Anti-virus as they may also block Windows Update.
If you are facing any specific problems, kindly post in the comments below and we’ll be happy in assisting you.
See Also:Â Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free