For the smooth running of your website and reduce extra server load , it is necessary to Repair and Optimize your website’s MySQL database from time to time. If your website is running slow or talking time to load or using extra resources from your server, you may need to optimize and repair your MySQL database. It is a very simple process and you can do it on your own:
- Go to your Hosting Control Panel and open phpMyAdmin.
- Select your database which you Â want to Repair and Optimize from the left menu.
- Once you will see all the tables in that Database, select every table and then in the drop down menu Click select “Repair Table”.
- This will execute the SQL query automatically and will repair all the tables.
- Now, it’s time to Optimize the tables. Follow the same procedure you did to “Repair tables.”. Select “Optimize Table” from the same dropdown box instead of Repair table.
- Another SQL query will be executed automatically and your database will be optimized.
This will fix any small errors or overhead issues from your Database. Hence, you can do it every month or two.