Mute feature has been a savior for everyone who are afraid to exit from a WhatsApp group just because their friend who is the admin of that group and may not like or will throw bombs with too many question on why you’ve left the group. However, people have been struggling to stay away from Individual contacts who are spamming with useless notifications or pinging for no reason and you can’t even block them.
Finally, now you can Mute a Single Contact on Whatsapp and avoid all the troubles of getting irritated:
In the new update, (v 2.12.197), you can simply do this with very easily by following these steps:
- Download Latest WhatsApp APK from Official SiteÂ which is v2.12.197.
- Install/Update your WhatsApp to this latest version.
- Now, in your Contacts/Conversation Tab, open your Single conversation.
- Now, click on the Name of that contact to view his “About” info /Status.
- You will see a horizontal slider bar with label “Mute” Â option in the About menu.
- Slide it to the right to turn on the Mute feature.
- You can Mute it for 8 Hours, 1 Week or even 1 Year. It all depends on how you’re frustrated with that contact.
If these settings are not available in your WhatsApp, make sure you download the latest APK form WhatsApp as mentioned above.