Recently facebook made some changes in their newsfeed Â system which automatically plays Videos you come across while scrolling the newsfeed. Â It may not be something to worry about for the users who have got high-speed Internet connection but if you have a low-spec system or low Internet speed, it can slow down your browser and can consume unnecessary data bandwidth. To disable Auto-playing of videos in your newsfeed (while using Facebook Web), you can follow the procedure :
- Click on the Down arrow located on the top-right of your Facebook bar/panel.
- Go to “Settings”. You can also go to setting through this Link.
- Now, click on “Videos” from the left side menu.
- Now, a page will open with Facebook’s Video settings. Â In the “Auto-Play Videos” section, click on the dropdown menu located just after the text and select “Off”.
- You have successfully disabled the Video Auto-play feature for Facebook Web. In case you want to disable the video auto-play mode in your Facebook App, kindly change the settings from your App itself.