Have one ever wanted to take parts of different photos and place them together to create a poster, e-card, funny picture, or banner? That is what is commonly known as a photo montage, and if you’ve tried to create one in the past you’ll have realized it’s easier said than done.
Basically to create a photo montage you need to be able to isolate the elements that you want from different photos then copy and paste them into the photo. That can be tricky, which is why you may want to use Movavi Photo Editor to help you pull it off.
To be more specific, Movavi Photo Editor will offer you a variety of tools that can help you to come up with your photo montage. In particular, it will let you isolate the part of the image that you want to include in your photo montage by either removing unwanted objects or removing and replacing the background.
- All you need to do to get started is launch Movavi Photo Editor and click on the ‘Browse for Images’ button to add the photo that you want to edit.
- Next you can open the ‘Object Removal’ menu and use the ‘Brush’ tool in the sidebar to paint the object that you want to remove.
- When you’re satisfied it has been selected, click ‘Start Erasing’ to remove it, and then use the ‘Stamp’ tool to copy and paste parts of the image over any imperfections to cover them up.
- Removing or replacing the background is similarly easy with Movavi Photo Editor, and you can open the ‘Background Removal’ tab if that’s what you want to do. Select the ‘Foreground Brush’ and paint over the objects in the foreground that you want to keep, then select the ‘Background Brush’ and paint over the background area that you want to remove.
- An outline will then appear indicating the selection, and if you’re satisfied you can click ‘Set New Background’ to remove the current background then ‘Add Image’ to add a new one.
Last but not least, you will need to know how to copy and paste parts of images – which can be found by clicking on ‘More’ in Movavi Photo Editor’s upper panel then selecting ‘Copy / Paste’. That will give you the tools to select parts of your image to copy, and you can open a different image and paste them using the same method later.
That should cover pretty much everything you need to create a basic photo montage using Movavi Photo Editor. Make no mistake there are other features that you may want to use such to apply filters, enhance the quality of photos, crop, rotate, or resize the image that you’re creating.