Registry in Windows is an important part of system functionality. Most of the functions of the Windows depends on the values and settings defined in the registry. Sometimes, your registry may get corrupted and your windows may not work properly. To avoid these problems, you should make backup of your Windows Registry.
Making a backup of complete registry is pretty simple. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type “regedit” (without quoted) and click “Ok”, registry Editor will open.Â
- Highlight “My Computer” from the list of keys by selecting it.
- Now click on “File” from the Menu Bar and then click on “Export”.
- Now enter the name of your backup file and save it as “.reg”.
- You’ve just made a backup of complete registry.