Windows 10 is finally available for many regions. It’s a major advancement over the last Windows 8. The good news is, if you are a genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8 user, you can get Windows 10 for free. However, you need to make sure whether your system meet the specified requirements for Windows 10.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space:
16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
If your system has these above minimum requirements, you can proceed further Upgrading to Windows 10.
- Make sure Windows Update is turned on and your PC is updated. After this, you will see a Windows icon at the bottom right status bar. Click on that icon.
- Now, click on “Reserve your free upgrade” in the Window.
- Enter the contact details to receive the confirmation of the upgrade.
- Once, the upgrade will be available for youÂ , it will be downloaded and you can Install it from the icon.
NOTE: If you don’t see the icon on the taskbar you either need to run “Windows Update” or can go with these set of InstructionsÂ (For Advanced Users)Â provided by Microsoft.Â
Please See: Â To Run the Windows Update, Go to Start Menu -> Type “Windows Update” in the Search Bar. Run the Windows Update to update your current OS with latest files so that you can also receive the Windows 10 upgrade notifications,
The Other Way (Alternative Way)
Well, if the above methods still don’t work for you, you can follow this direct Installation method.
- Download the Windows 10 ISO from Here.
- Burn the ISO in a USB Flash Drive or a DVD.
- Install/Upgrade Windows 10 using the DVD/USB.
You should remember that you must upgrade before 30th July 2016 to get this free upgrade. After that, you have to pay for upgrading your Windows. Please let us know if you are facing any issues so that we can help you in Installing Windows 10.