Motorola has recently rolled out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Moto G 3rd-Gen (2015) XT1550 in India. The update will add all the new features of Android Marshmallow to your Moto G3 along with the other bug fixes and security updates. Along with this, apps like Moto Migrate and Moto Assist will also be removed and replaced by new apps of the Android Marshmallow. To update your Moto G 3rd-Gen to Android 6.0 Marshmallow (24.11.25.en.US.), follow these steps:
NOTE: This update is only applicable to Moto G 3-rd Gen XT1550 (2GB Version) . Although this is pretty safe, please continue at your own risk.
UPDATING MOTO G3 THROUGH WIFI
- Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates
- It will show you the notification and will ask you to Download the update.
- Make sure you have an active Internet connection so that the update can be downloaded and Installed automatically on your Smartphone
UPDATING MOTO G3 OFFLINE
If you have a slow Internet connection you can download the OTA file separately from the link below and Install it anytime.
- Download the Marshmallow OTA Update Zip ArchiveÂ from the link below.
- Put it in the main directory of your Phone Memory.
- Reboot your Phone.
- Go to Settings >About Phone> System Update
- You can now directly Install/Apply your update without downloading through Wifi.
UPDATING MOTO G3 THROUGH RECOVERY MODE
If you are facing issues with updating your Moto G3 through the above methods, you can follow the steps below.
- Download the Marshmallow OTA Update Zip ArchiveÂ from the link provided above.
- Put it in your Main Memory Directory or SD Card.
- Reboot your phone in Stock Recovery mode.
- While in the recovery menu, select “Apply update from SD Card” and browse your OTA Zip file.
- Your update will be Installed.
If you are facing any issues in updating your Moto G3, please post in the comments below.