If you are here then you must be experiencing this issue where your browser Google Chrome stops working and keep sticks with a bottom status notification “Downloading proxy script”.
Before we proceed with a quick solution, we would like to inform you that this isn’t a virus. By default, Google Chrome analyzes your computer and network’s proxy settings before opening any website on the Internet.
However, it doesn’t work with some of the ISPs and hence your browser either takes a lot of time to open the website or doesn’t open at all.
Well, you don’t have to worry. To solve this issue, we have a quick fix for this:
NOTE: Please make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your system.
FIX DOWNLOADING PROXY SCRIPT IN CHROME
- Press the ‘Window Key + R’ to open RUN command dialogue box.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” (without the quotes) in the box and click on OK button. This is the shortcut command for ‘Internet Properties’.
- Now, ‘Internet Properties‘ box will open. Click on ‘Connections‘ tab and then click on ‘LAN Settings‘ button.
- Now, under LAN Settings, remove the ‘tick mark’ from the ‘Automatically detect settings’.
- Click on the OK button and Restart your computer.
You’ll see that your issue is now fixed.
If this issue still persists then it might be possible that your computer is affected with a malware. However, 80% of the time, this quick fix has worked liked a charm.
If you have any questions then you can directly post in the comments section below.
after applying fix, my chrome reports that connection was changed and not working at all .. any solution to that?