Email Headers are the fields in an email which contain detailed info of the email sent by the person including the server info, content type and all other technical information of the email. Email Headers are useful if you want to detect the legitimacy of the email sent to you. Checking email headers will help you to detect fake emails. Now, to check headers in both Gmail and Yahoo Mail, here the the steps mentioned for each of these email services specifically:
View Email Header in Gmail
- In Gmail, open any email from your Inbox for which you want to check the header.
- Now, click on the “More” dropdown menu with a down arrow.
- Click on “Show Original”.
- A new window will open with the original email with complete email header information.
- Open your Inbox.
- Check your desired email for which you want to see the email headers.
- Now click on “Settings” dropdown menu (a black icon with a gear logo).
- Click on “View full headers”.
- This will open a pop-up with containing the complete email header information.