Is your website running slow? Is your website responding very slowly or taking too much time too load? There might be possibilities that your database tables need to be optimized. If you have moved your website from from host to another, you may need to optimize your database tables. To optimize your database, all you need to do is to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Login to your Database through phpMyAdmin.
- Go to your database such that it will display you the list of Tables in your database.
- Below your tables, you will find an option “Check All”. Click on it and it will select all the tables.
- Just after “Check All”, you will see a drop down box with name “With Selected:”.
- Open this drop down box and click on “Repair Table”. N
- Now follow the above steps again but this time instead of selecting “Repair Table” , select “Optimize table”.
- Your database is successfully repaired and optimized.
Please note that though this process is completely safe but we will advice you to make backups of your database before working with phpmyadmin and your database. We will not be responsible for any problems however we can make you sure that if you have followed the above steps correctly, there will not be any problems. If you have any suggestion or problems, please post in the comments section.