Counter Strike 1.6 is more than just a game for the hardcore gamers. Over the years, Counter Stike 1.6 has become one of the most addictive first person shooter game even when the graphics aren’t as good as the current generation. Finally, after a long time, developer Alibek Omarov from GitHub has managed to port the client to the Android. Yes, you can finally play this game on your Android. All you have to do is follow the steps below to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Android Device:
Requirements for Counter Strike 1.6 Android
- Steam Account, yes you will need it!
- CS1.6 APK File (Download Link Provided Below)
- Xash3D for Android ( Download Link Provided Below)
You can download CS1.6 APK File and Xash3D from the links below:
How to Install and Play
The procedure is simple,
- Install CS1.6 APK file which you downloaded from the link above on your Android Device. Install APK with ‘omp’ postfix if you have a multi-core device and ‘noomp’ if you have a single-core device or have problems with ‘omp’ version.
- Install Xash 3D for Android on your device from the link provided above.
- Now, copy the ‘cstrike‘ and ‘valve‘ folders from your Steam CS1.6 installation to ‘xash’ folder on the SDCard of your Device.
- Now, Run the CS16 Client on your Device.
- You’re all set to go!
NOTE: Make sure you Delete any PAK files with the name starting with “touch” or “vgui” in ‘cstrike’ folder.
CS16 for Android support on-screen controls. That means you have to play the game through on-screen touch buttons. Although it can be difficult for some people, but that’s the only way to play this game at the moment.
The client is designed for the modern Android devices. Hence, it should run decently on an Android device with even a Dual Core Processor, but the performance may vary according to your device’s specifications. Since the client is still under development, you can always support the developer by providing feedback.