With Windows 10, Microsoft has upgraded the Direct X version to DirectX 12. Although the graphics performance is well optimized you may encounter problems with few applications (especially games). You may receive some errors like:
– “The program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” or “cannot find XINPUT1_3.dll”.
D3DX9_24.DLL through D3DX9_43.DLL
D3DX10.DLL through D3DX10_43.DLL
D3DCompiler_33.DLL through D3DCompiler_43.DLL
XACTENGINE2_0.DLL through XACTENGINE2_9.DLL
XACTENGINE3_0.DLL through XACTENGINE3_7.DLL
XAPOFX1_0.DLL through XAPOFX1_5.DLL
X3DAUDIO1_0.DLL through X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL
If you are experiencing problems due to any of the above files on your Windows 8 or Windows 10, follow the steps provided below. This error occurs because the application or game you are trying to run might be designed for older version of DriectX. To resolve this problem:
- Download “DirectX End-User Runtime (EULA) from Microsoft website.
- Once downloaded, Run the installer. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- The setup may download some additional files (required files/missing files) and will Install them on your computer.
- Once the Installation in finished. Restart your computer.
You will notice that all those DirectX related missing files errors are now gone. If you’re still facing issues is running the application, kindly post in the comments below and we’ll assist you further.