For any new Android owner, budget phones are mostly preferred. After considering many comments and reviews over Internet, we have collected data and made a list of Top 5 Android Phone under Rs 10000. The mobile phones listed are not rank-wise but the best 5 Android phones under Rs 10000 ($180).
Nokia has finally Launched their next windows smartphone Nokia Lumia 610 in the Indian markets for Rs 12,999 (approx $235 USD). Lumia 610 was meant to be a Budget Windows Smartphone but do you really feel it should be called a budget smartphone? Take a look at the key specifications of Nokia Lumia 610:
- Windows Phone 7.5 (Tango)
- 3.7-inch LCD Display
- 800MHz Qualcomm S1 processor
- Nokia Maps and the navigation (with Hindi, Tamil language support)
- 5MP camera with LED flash
- 256MB RAM
- 8GB internal memory
- FM Radio
- 1300mAh battery
- Available in Magenta, White, Cyan and Black colours
The mobile platform has become the hot property these days and everyone is eyeing to gain the top spot in this arena. Cleary there are two main contenders who has their own share of followers and users. Currently, iOS is ruling the mobile platform and is the first choice for both developers and consumers who are baffled by a vast array of smartphones which are offered on the Android OS. There are a number of other factors which matter a lot to the consumers. So here are some of the factor on which the iOS scores better than the android and therefore would affect your decision to buy a new smartphone based on iOS rather than the Android. Lots of people are finding solution to sell their mobile phones and shifting to android. One day you also need to sell your cell phone then you can check a website like sellcell.com.
Let’s see why we usually choose iDevices like iPhone, iPad or MAC over android.
- Security: The security remains the prime factors in which iOS scores well than the Android. Apple has been very strict with its antispyware and antimalware policies which are automatically reflected in the quality of apps which are published in the iTunes App Store. Google also has stringent quality measure but being an open source and open to all, would mean that there are more developers and thus it is difficult to evaluate the quality of each and every developer.
- Stability: The stability is another factor due to which the people prefer an iPhone rather than the Android. The UI Responses and Lag simply doesn’t exist on an iPhone as compared to Android. Despite releasing, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, the Android has to come a long way in catching with the Apple. The Multi touch and the rotation lag which is featured in a number of games and applications are rendered best on iOS as compared to Android. So Android really needs to buckle up and make it at par with the iOS as far as the stability and UI responsiveness is concerned.
- Variety: Many of you might think that having a wide variety of devices which can run on the Android OS can be beneficial but there are a number of issues which are related to the hardware and other firmware with the phones which are being manufactured by a number of hardware vendors all across the globe. As a result an app which is running on an Android phone made by Samsung would not be running smoothly on the phone manufactured by Motorola or Sony. This not only confuses the end users over which phone they should buy, but it also perplexes the developers who have to modify their source codes to match different hardware. Apple on the other hand has a limited set of hardware which is being offered to the consumers and the developers can also focus on their apps rather than the underlying hardware.
- Updates: This is another overhead one has to bear with. Apple takes a long time to introduce updates and other features in its OS as compared to Android which has a pretty shorter development cycle which means that the users would be getting the newer versions faster and they still have to update their phones more frequently.
- Enterprise Uses: Many large corporations and many top executive usually use BlackBerry or iOS to satisfy all their enterprise needs. The Android is usually not preferred mainly because of the security concerns. Today, we see a number of corporations breaking away from the BlackBerry and shifting their focus on iPhones and other iDevices like iPad.
So, the final choice of selection of smartphone lies with the end user. We have listed some of the top reasons which convey why an iDevice is better than an android. There are a number of other services such as Siri, iCloud which are exclusive to the Apple and there are no effective alternatives to it. So, if you like the services of Siri and iCloud then you can easily understand my points.
About Guest Author:
This post is written and edited by Tushar. He is a technology columnist, interested in Electronics, WordPress, SEO-Search Engine Optimization, Internet Marketing and social media promotions.
Previously, we can edit comments only within the few seconds after posting the comment. After these few seconds we can only delete the comment. Now, Facebook has introduced a new feature which will allow you to edit your Facebook comments anytime, even after 1 month so if you have made any typo and other mistakes in your comment, you can make changes in it anytime.
However, there is a bit of twist in this feature. Facebook will store the history of your comments as you edit them which will be visible to anyone. Facebook will show the list of your comments with edit changes.
So the conclusion of this whole thing is, if you want to make any typo corrections, grammar corrections or spelling mistakes then this new edit feature will work. But, if you are planning to change your opinions, views in older comments in a conversation then you should make sure you don’t make a fool of yourself as anyone on your profile will be able to see your Comment edits.
This is indeed a good improvement from Facebook as it will help you to improve the quality of your comment and on the same side it will prevent users form changing their opinion as people will be able to see your Edit history.
Along with Vodafone, India’s leading 3G service provider BSNL has slashed 3G Data rates which is currently the cheapest rates available for 3G service in India. The new Prepaid rates have been listen on their official website.
BSNL 3G Prepaid Data Tarrif
|Data in Rs.||General usage(MB)||Night * usage (MB)||Total Usage (MB)||Validity (days)**||Data Charges in Rs./10KB*** (except APN ‘bsnlstream’)||Data Charges in Rs./MB***
(For APN ‘bsnlstream)
BSNL has not updated their website with the Postpaid rates. However, we will update you with the new 3G tariff for Postpaid customers.
Microsoft has revealed their new upcoming tablet, a competitor for iPad named “Microsoft Surface”. This “10.6” inch screen tablet will be powered by Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows RT. There will be 2 different versions of this tablet available in the market. The cheaper one is based on Windows RT while the expensive one is based on Microsoft Windows 8. You can take a quick look at the specifications of this excellent tablet from Microsoft:
Windows RT Tablet
Processor: NVIDIA Tegra-based ARM chip
Weight: 676 grams
Thickness: 9.3 millimeters
Display: 10.6-inch ClearType HD capactive touchpanel
I/O: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2×2 MIMO antennae
Software: Windows RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT
Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand
Capacity: 32GB / 64GB
Windows 8 Tablet
Processor: Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)
Weight: 903 grams
Thickness: 13.5 millimeters
Display: 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD (1080p) capactive touchpanel
I/O: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, 2×2 MIMO antennae
Software: Windows 8 Pro
Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand, Pen with Palm Block
Capacity: 64GB / 128GB
Looking at the specifications, we can say that Microsoft has finally entered the tablet world with strong intentions and strategy. Windows RT tablet can be estimated for $600-650 in the market while Windows 8 tablet can be estimated for $1000. You can also checkout the Launch video of Surface Tablet.
Since the preview release of Windows 8 by Microsoft, there is a big debate going on for Windows 8. For some people, it’s a new era in the field of operating systems while for some people, it’s a failure from Microsoft after a successful release of Windows 7. Well, here we have is a small Infographic which will help you to decide the power of Windows 8 and how it can be another great revolution in the field of operating systems softwares.
The infographic was provided by Frugaldad. Let us know what are your views about Windows 8 after viewing this Infographic.
Most people use Google and its services to stay connected with their friends and acquaintances online. Unfortunately, with the continuous technological advancements, e-mail and other social media accounts have become more susceptible of getting hacked. So, what needs to be done to avoid any hacking complexities and, how to make your Google account more secure and hacker-proof? Well, it doesn’t take you to be a professional or an IT-savvy to stay off the hacker route. All you need is to implement certain security measures to ensure full-on security of your Google account. Here, we have outlined some of helpful tips to secure your Gmail account in a jiffy. Take a look.
1. Enable 2-Step Verification
If you are on G-mail, this is a must-enable feature for securing your account from superfluous inclusion of a third party. When you activate 2-step verification, you have to provide a mobile number to Google, which will allow you to access G-mail on new devices. Google, in return, sends an SMS on the provided number with an exclusive verification code. Simply, go to your Google settings page and then navigate to the edit link of 2-Step Verification text.
2. Make use of HTTPS settings
An encrypted way to access your Google account, Secure HTTP settings will make any information send over your address extremely hard to crack. Though Google uses this technology for its application but double check if your address has HTTPS setting setup installed or not.
3. Regularly change your password, if possible
It has been always recommended by umpteenth professionals to change your password at least one in a quarter. Changing your log-in password at regular intervals will allow you the maximum security and a secured web accessing. Also, prefer long and hard-to-crack passwords over the short ones. So, take advantage of all numbers, QWERTY and symbols available on your keyboard to secure your account to the hilt.
4. Always set account recovery options
Account recovery options secure your Google account from getting hacked. Either you can recover your account by registering a phone number or an alternate email address, both ways you are ensuring a life-long safety of your email address. After registering your phone number or address, you are also asked to enter a security question. Not only will it recover your password if you have forgotten it, but, if any hacker tries to trespass on your account, it will also ask him/her a security question to protect your account.
5. Constantly check account Login details
To make the best of your account securing experience, be sure that you check the account login history details. To access your Gmail account history detail, click on “Last Account Activity” link from Google settings page.
In case you encounter any unusual activity, make sure to sign out from all the other sessions by simply clicking on the link. Google also provides Alert preferences setup to record unusual activity. Remember, hackers will always try to find any loop holes in your security settings. It’s you, who have to ensure that you are carefully plugging in and patching up all your loop holes, before it’s too late.
From most anticipated to most advanced, Apple and Apple products are the leaders in the world of technology. The innovations of Steve Jobs and his team has taken Apple to such a level that other companies can only dream of achieving that. Have you ever wondered how big is Apple and how it’s statistics translate to the real world? We have some exciting visual infographic of Apple which will tell you the current scenario of Apple on earth. The infographic is generated on the basis of strong sources.
Aren’t those statistics surprising? Well they are and you can never speculate since Apple believes in doing magic, the magic which changes the world.
The most anticipated smartphone of 2012, Samsung Galaxy I9300 S III has been officially announced. Samsung Galaxy S2 was a big success and probably the only smartphone from Samsung, which has taken their company to high level. Samsung Galaxy S III is being considered as the toughest competitor to Apple’s iPhone and Samsung seems to be very positive and confident with this dream device.
We have the technical specifications of this wonder smartphone.
Samsung GALAXY S III Product Specifications
- 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G (Dependent on market)
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280×720) display
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Main(Rear): 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BSI
- Sub (Front): 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BSI Video
- Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark
- Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
- Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
- S Beam, Buddy photo share, Share shot
- AllShare Play, AllShare Cast
- Smart stay, Social tag, Group tag, Face zoom, Face slide show
- Direct call, Smart alert, Tap to top, Camera quick access
- Pop up play
- S Voice
- Burst shot & Best photo, Recording snapshot, HDR
- Google™ Mobile Services
- Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude
- Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies
- Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk,
- Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads
- WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40
- Bluetooth® 4.0(LE)
- Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
- 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133g
- 2,100 mAh
Comparing it with the HTC One X, SGIII seems to beat in all the aspects. The 4G capability, 8MP camera, 4.8 inch AMOLED screen, microSD support and a battery of 2,100 mAh makes this phone a wonder device. Stay with us for more information regarding the price and availability of this smartphone.