At a time when identity theft and online fraud cases are on the rise, online security and the security of your computer have become crucial to safeguarding your important data, files, personal information and identity. You need to an antivirus program that will do the task such as Bitdefender. So, if you are looking for some easy ways to secure your computer and internet, then follow the tips listed here:
How to keep secure your computer:
1. Block Spyware: A good way to secure your computer and use internet without fear is to install software that blocks spyware. Spyware is essentially a program, which is designed to gather information and data related to you secretly. Although, not all spyware are dangerous but many of them contain malware and viruses, which could be harmful for your personal computer (PC). You need to download antivirus software such as Bitdefender. Now you can block and identify the spyware on your PC and also determine the level of threat that it poses. You can then get rid of the spyware by simply deleting it from your PC.
2. Firewall Protection: The biggest advantage of a firewall is that it does not allow unauthorized user to access your PC and at the same time allows you to access internet safely. Windows OS comes with an in-built firewall. In case you are using Windows 7, ensure that the firewall option is active/on.
3. Update installation: If you are using a Windows OS (operating System), then make sure that you are installing the updates to your operating system on a regular basis. An update is basically all about fixing and patching the OS. Microsoft sends these updates to fix different types of security problems, which could be present in the OS. If you choose to update your computer regularly, your PC will always be safe and up to date.
4. Install Antivirus Software: Perhaps, one of the best ways to secure your computer and internet is to install an antivirus, like Bitdefender on your system. Antivirus software programs are designed to detect viruses, malware, spyware, adware and Trojan horses. You can prevent them from spreading further by simply removing them from your computer system.
5. Create Strong Password: Using a strong password will ensure that your personal computer is well protected from thieves and cyber criminals. Whether you are creating a system password or even if you are creating an account password, make sure that you choose a password, which is difficult to guess. Use lower and upper case letters to come up with a password. Also, ensure that your password consists of at least 6 characters, numbers and special characters as well. Changing your password on a regular basis is another good way to protect your computer and account from being hacked by identity thieves. Even the guest account on your PC should be password protected. In the absence of the same, a stranger could create his/her own guest password and user ID.
6. Enhance security level and settings of the browser: Whether you are using internet explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome as your preferred browser, make sure that you select the highest security level and adjust the security settings as per your convenience and preference to better protect your computer and internet.
If you are not ready to for such security software right now and looking for free antivirus then you can too. The free edition of Bitdefender will also give you optimum protection and if you like you can go for purchase premium.
About The Author: This post was written by Tushar Thakur.